Family Literacy Week 2021
January 27, 2021
What is family literacy?
Family literacy is the way that parents, children and extended family members use literacy at home and in the community. It occurs naturally during the routines of daily life and helps children and adults get things done.
This year’s theme is “Let’s Be Active! Move*Play*Learn”
This year things will be a little different as we cannot come together as groups. However there are still some super fun activities taking place!
- Fort St. John Literacy Society will be hosting a book scavenger hunt all week long on their Facebook page
- The Fort St. John Public Library has partnered with Backcountry to put together a Family Literacy Camp-In January 29-31st.
- The City of Fort St. John Recreation department have set up a story book walk through Matthew’s Park as well as a Frostival Week to encourage families to get out and be active.
- Story Time From Space will be hosted on January 26th and can be found at storytimefromspace.com/live
- Decoda Literacy Solutions is hosting their annual Family Literacy Week Photo contest. Take a photo using the “Let’s Be Active” theme and submit to email@example.com or post on your social media using hashtags #LetsBeActive #FLW2021